Skip to main content

Happy Anniversary

It is my anniversary!  How long have I been married for, you ask?  Well, okay, 2007, right, or was that when we started dating, no, that's right, and now it's 2013, I mean 2014... that's 7 years.  Did I ever think I would have to do math to know my anniversary? That's what having children does to your brain.  Here is a poem in honor of my husband, who shall remain nameless, because he has a real job.

Happy anniversary!
Thank you for giving me these children.
Now take them away so I can relax for one goddamn second.

Happy anniversary!
I think we are about six months away
From having a night out without the baby.  (I know I said that six months ago).

Happy anniversary!
You still are very handsome.
Then again you didn't push three humans out of your body so why wouldn't you look good.

Happy anniversary!
Can you please get me a glass of water
Because I am trapped under a sleeping baby and I'm about to dehydrate.

Happy anniversary!
Please don't leave your wallet on the table
Because last time the baby ate your credit card.

Happy anniversary!
Did you call American Home Shield
About our leaking washing machine?

Happy anniversary!
Sorry this is your only present.
I am still recovering from our family vacation and I can't think straight.

Happy anniversary!
I can always count on you to be interested and supportive.
You could pass the Psychology Licensing Exam by now.

Happy anniversary!
I can also count on you to listen to me tell you
About everything that happens to me, ever.

Happy anniversary!
Thank you for being a great husband and father.
I love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Precious Things My Kid Says and My Usually Unspoken Retorts

I never get to do anything I want except face painting and carnivals Kids say the darnedest things!  Good thing they sleep for 12 hours a day or the cuteness would overwhelm me and I would have to shoot myself. Here are some tender words my preschooler serenades me with in her melodious little voice. 1- I'm not yours.  I'm Daddy's! Answer: Then go ask him to wipe you. 2- Why are you wearing that? Answer: Because I lost my fashion sense when I pushed you out of my uterus. 3- Why did you do that with your face? Answer: Because I am exerting all my willpower not to throw you out of this moving car. 4- The other mothers tell the teachers what they did on the weekend.  Why don't you? Answer: Preschool pickup sucks enough without trying to add meaningless small talk to the mix. 5- I am the only one who doesn't go to Disney. Answer: And I am the only mother with a brain. 6- Why can't we have a playdate with Madison? Answer: I hate Madison's mommy because she is too...

Annapolis Smokehouse, a Restaurant That Won't Kick Out My Kids and The Food is Great Too!

I am starting a new blog section called Restaurant Reviews: Places That Won't Kick Out My Kids. I do not get paid or get free food for my review, although there is always a first time.  If you would like to be featured in this space, think long and hard first because this is who is coming: Keep in mind you can't hear the noise in this picture Anyway,  Annapolis Smokehouse  is located at 107 Hillsmere Drive in Annapolis which doesn't matter until I tell you it is across the street from Quiet Waters Park, aka the park with the awesome playground.  Any restaurant located near a park is a good bet for families with small kids, because then you can threaten them with not going to the playground if they don't behave.   Ambience: Annapolis Smokehouse gave my kids crayons and activity placemats and allowed us to sit outside as we requested, so as not to disturb any people who went to dinner thinking they would be able to converse like human beings.  Remember those...

Life Before and After Kids, or Something Not to Read if You Were Having a Good Day

Oh those salad days (literally in that you had time to order and eat a salad) when you were married without children!  As nobody says aloud, childlessness is wasted on the childless.  Here are a few distinctions between those with kids and without, in various domains of daily life. Special Occasions:  Before Kids:  Prior to children, a three day surprise trip to a beach was a good anniversary present. Possibly add some thoughtful little gift into the mix like a treasured book, CD, or even a piece of jewelry.  As you slowly ate a delicious dinner at an amazing restaurant you found through meticulous online research, you gazed into each other's eyes.  Passionate love making followed. After Kids:   You would like your husband, for once, to be the one to text the sitter so that you can go out for two hours, including the drive, to a restaurant you don't even like but is near to the house.  Of course he doesn't have the sitter's number (despite your n...