Skip to main content

Lenovo CEO Shares Bonus With Employees

With a large abundance of PC manufacturers out there all trying to sell you the same things, Lenovo, a Chinese multinational technology firm,  and their CEO Yang Yuanqing are implementing some generous small business tactics that may be contributing to their success. Lenovo has pushed their way into the top of PC manufacturing, surpassing $34 billion in sales. This company brings you all the day to day technology you would use including PC's, tablets, workstations, servers, electronic storage devices, and IT management software. Lenovo is also becoming a smartphone manufacturer, with rumors saying that they may even buy out Blackberry.

It's hard to ignore the apparent success of Lenovo, and it's even harder not to connect it to the selfless actions of their CEO, Yang Yuanqing.
 

Instead of simply pocketing his $3+ million dollar bonus due to the company's success, Yang Yuanqing took it upon himself to share his bonus with his 10,000 manufacturing employees. Although profit sharing is a fairly common practice in small business, its quite rare nowadays for a CEO of a multi-billion dollar company to use this practice. Actions like this clearly relate to the company's success because it motivates employees to work harder when they know they will be rewarded for the company's accomplishments.

Profit sharing is by no means something that is expected of a CEO, but it definitely has its benefits. Attracting and keeping good employees,  increasing business performance, and raising capital are just a few of the benefits that i believe Yang Yuanqing had in mind while making this decision. I personally feel that actions like this will play a large role in the future success of Lenovo, and if they keep it up, you will continue to see them at the top of the charts in PC manufacturing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Precious Things My Kid Says and My Usually Unspoken Retorts

I never get to do anything I want except face painting and carnivals Kids say the darnedest things!  Good thing they sleep for 12 hours a day or the cuteness would overwhelm me and I would have to shoot myself. Here are some tender words my preschooler serenades me with in her melodious little voice. 1- I'm not yours.  I'm Daddy's! Answer: Then go ask him to wipe you. 2- Why are you wearing that? Answer: Because I lost my fashion sense when I pushed you out of my uterus. 3- Why did you do that with your face? Answer: Because I am exerting all my willpower not to throw you out of this moving car. 4- The other mothers tell the teachers what they did on the weekend.  Why don't you? Answer: Preschool pickup sucks enough without trying to add meaningless small talk to the mix. 5- I am the only one who doesn't go to Disney. Answer: And I am the only mother with a brain. 6- Why can't we have a playdate with Madison? Answer: I hate Madison's mommy because she is too...

Annapolis Smokehouse, a Restaurant That Won't Kick Out My Kids and The Food is Great Too!

I am starting a new blog section called Restaurant Reviews: Places That Won't Kick Out My Kids. I do not get paid or get free food for my review, although there is always a first time.  If you would like to be featured in this space, think long and hard first because this is who is coming: Keep in mind you can't hear the noise in this picture Anyway,  Annapolis Smokehouse  is located at 107 Hillsmere Drive in Annapolis which doesn't matter until I tell you it is across the street from Quiet Waters Park, aka the park with the awesome playground.  Any restaurant located near a park is a good bet for families with small kids, because then you can threaten them with not going to the playground if they don't behave.   Ambience: Annapolis Smokehouse gave my kids crayons and activity placemats and allowed us to sit outside as we requested, so as not to disturb any people who went to dinner thinking they would be able to converse like human beings.  Remember those...

Life Before and After Kids, or Something Not to Read if You Were Having a Good Day

Oh those salad days (literally in that you had time to order and eat a salad) when you were married without children!  As nobody says aloud, childlessness is wasted on the childless.  Here are a few distinctions between those with kids and without, in various domains of daily life. Special Occasions:  Before Kids:  Prior to children, a three day surprise trip to a beach was a good anniversary present. Possibly add some thoughtful little gift into the mix like a treasured book, CD, or even a piece of jewelry.  As you slowly ate a delicious dinner at an amazing restaurant you found through meticulous online research, you gazed into each other's eyes.  Passionate love making followed. After Kids:   You would like your husband, for once, to be the one to text the sitter so that you can go out for two hours, including the drive, to a restaurant you don't even like but is near to the house.  Of course he doesn't have the sitter's number (despite your n...